TERMS & CONDITIONS OF HIRE
Thanks for making a booking with us. In order for us to perform your booking we will store your details for 6 years in case there is a motor insurance claim, road traffic offence or parking charge notice. In the event of a breakdown, we will also need to share your information with a breakdown company or vehicle manufacturer to assist you.
You agree that if you break the terms of this rental agreement we can pass your personal information to credit-reference agencies, debt collectors, the police, local authorities, councils, private parking companies or any other relevant organisation.
If you connect your phone to this vehicle, this could result in transfer of personal data to the vehicle and possibly motor manufacturers cloud servers. You, the customer, are responsible for erasing any information that is stored in the vehicle before returning it.
The vehicle you are renting has been fitted with a tracking device. If the vehicle is not returned to the agreed time and place, we will use the data recorded on the device to recover our vehicle.
Subject to the terms & conditions of this agreement. The Lessor will rent to The Hirer and the Hirer will take on rental of the vehicle (hereinafter called The Vehicle) stated on the Hire form.
1. All hire charges & deposits are payable at commencement of the hire period, unless previously agreed otherwise.
2. The Hirer will return The Vehicle intact with all tools, tyres and accessories and equipment as supplied and in the same condition (normal wear & tear excepted) as when received to the address, at the time and on the date stated on the hire form, or earlier if requested by The Lessor. The Hirer will take all reasonable care of The Vehicle and its accessories etc., and will not maltreat the same.
3. Use of the vehicle is strictly forbidden for:-
(a) Carriage of any Person(s) for hire or reward.
(b) Any unlawful purpose.
(c) Towing any other vehicle or trailer.
(d) Any sporting activities or tuitional purposes.
(e) Carrying any weight greater than that for which the Vehicle is designed.
4. No person is permitted to drive the vehicle:-
(a) Who has within the past three years had any motoring offence convictions unless disclosed and agreed by The Lessor.
(b) Who has signed a false declaration or made a false statement on the Hire form.
(c) Other than The Hirer or his named agent or driver described on the Hire form.
(d) Who has not held a current valid full licence for not less than 12 months.
(e) Who is under 23 or over 72 years of age.
(f) Who is disqualified from holding a driving licence.
5. Whilst all vehicles are maintained to reasonable standards of safety & reliability, The Lessor will not accept any liability for delays, consequential loss or inconvenience caused through mechanical breakdown or accidental damage.
6. The Hirer agrees to pay on demand to The Lessor:-
(a) Any fines or court costs arising out of parking, traffic or other offences incurred as a result of the use of The Vehicle by The Hirer during the period of the hire.
(b) Costs (including legal costs) incurred in the collection of any money due from The Hirer to The Lessor.
7. If The Hirer or his driver is in breach of any of the terms of this agreement or negligently causes any damage to The Vehicle, in addition to the excess referred to below (paragraph 13f), The Hirer agrees to repay to The Lessor any consequential loss arising out of the loss of use of The Vehicle during any period it is not available for hire, or alternatively at The Hirer`s discretion, the cost of The Hirer hiring a similar vehicle for such period. ALL OVERHEAD DAMAGE IS CLASSED AS NEGLIGENCE
8. The Hirer will at the request of & at the cost of The Lessor do & permit to be done in his name or by his appointed agents, any act or thing as may be considered necessary by The Lessor for the purpose of securing any rights, remedies or indemnity from other parties concerning damages or losses incurred by The Lessor as a result of the use of The Vehicle during the period of hire.
9. The Hirer should in the event of mechanical breakdown, contact Rentruck. The Hirer has no authority to carry out or authorize repair or replacements to The Vehicle, or to pledge The Lessor in advance.
10. The Hirer shall indemnify The Lessor from any liability arising out of any damage by or damage to any property (personal or otherwise) which has been placed on or in The Vehicle during the term of hire.
11. The Hirer will not under any circumstances attempt to sell, dispose of , mortgage or promise The Vehicle, tools or ancillary equipment, or parts, or act in any manner prejudicial to The Lessor`s rightful ownership. The Hirer will not allow tools or equipment in The Vehicle to be used for any purpose other than for repairs authorized by The Lessor.
12. The Agreement shall be determined if any receiving order is made against The Hirer, or compulsory/voluntary liquidation in the case of a Company, or if a Creditor`s meeting is called, or any execution is levied upon his goods, or if The Hirer does not perform or observe all the conditions contained herein, in such event The Hirer will immediately return The Vehicle to The Lessor. If The Hirer fails to do so, The Lessor shall be entitled to repossess The Vehicle, & for such purpose The Lessor, his servants or agents may without notice enter upon such premises where The Vehicle is believed to be, with the automatic permission of The Hirer and all costs incurred for recovery of The Vehicle shall be repaid by The Hirer to The Lessor.
13. The Vehicle is insured to comply with the requirements of the Road Traffic Act including passenger liability. The hirer is a participator under the Terms & Conditions of the Insurance Policy during the period of hire, and must therefore agree to bide by the following rules in the event of accidents, losses or damages:-
(a) To ensure that all names & addresses, insurance particulars etc. of any party involved, including witnesses, are fully exchanged
(b) Not to admit liability whatsoever.
(c) Not to abandon The Vehicle without having secured or taken normal safeguarding precautions to protect the same from damage or theft.
(d) To notify The Lessor by telephone as soon as possible after any accident or similar occurrence.
(e) To notify The Police in the case of any accident involving injuries, or where the identity of the person(s) responsible is not certain.
(f) The Hirer shall pay a deposit as agreed with The Lessor, but is liable to pay up to the agreed excess, and allow The Lessor to take the balance from The Hirer`s credit/debit card, or to add the balance to The Hirer`s account.
14. In the interests of all customers, The Hirer agrees to return The Vehicle promptly at the expiry of the hire period, in a clean and tidy Condition. Failure to comply with both these conditions may (at the discretion of The Lessor) incur excess charges.
15. No alteration whatsoever to the Terms & Conditions of this agreement shall be permitted unless evidenced in writing signed on behalf of The Lessor.
16. The Term “Hirer” includes the plural where more than one individual is the Hirer.
EXTENSION OF RENTAL:- Customers who wish to extend their rental beyond the agreed period of hire, should immediately advise the office of their intension to do so, and the extended hire should be paid for as soon as possible, otherwise The Hirer may find that he is driving without insurance cover.
AVAILABILITY OF VEHICLES:- Whilst every effort is made to supply customers with the type of vehicle originally requested, it may be necessary on occasions to substitute a different one.
In the event of a substitution, charges will not be higher than the hire rate of the vehicle originally ordered, and in some instances could in fact be lower.
ABROAD:- No Rentruck vehicles may be taken outside England, Scotland and Wales without prior permission of The Lessor, as there is no insurance cover beyond these areas.
17. The Hirer is responsible for all charges from the commencement of the hire until the end of the hire, or until the vehicle is restored to a suitable condition for it to be hired out again.